What you can expect on the summer journey to Israel and the Palestinian Territories:
· Explore the multi-ethnic, religious, and national diversity of the Old City of Jerusalem and other parts of Israel and the Palestinian Territories.
· Tour the separation barrier/security wall that divides Israel and the West Bank.
· Gain a close-up understanding of the geopolitical challenges on the Gaza-Israel border in the south and the Syria-Israel border in the north.
· Visit Tel Aviv and Jaffa, Haifa and Akko, Jerusalem, and key sites of interest throughout Israel.
· Visit Ramallah, the current capital of the Palestinian Authority, and other areas of the Palestinian Territories to hear from Palestinian leaders and locals.
· Learn from, and engage with, a variety of voices and perspectives from the religious, secular, Druze, Christian, Jewish-Israeli, Palestinian, Muslim, and other communities.
· Meet journalists, politicians, artists, intellectuals, activists, and other leaders.
· Enjoy delicious cuisine, hike in the beautiful desert, and build community with a diverse group of fellow Penn students.
· Applications are closed.
· Pre-trip orientation sessions will take place during March and April.
· Dates for our journey to Israel and the Palestinian Territories will be May TBD, 2024.
· Post-trip programming will take place in Fall 2024.